As a Practice Lead Software Engineer working for Fullstaq you will spend most of your time assigned to a project at one of our clients. You will be spending your days coming up with software solutions to complex problems.
Besides contributing on your project you will take command of the software engineering practice of Fullstaq.
- Interview and hire new software engineers
- Follow and respond to trends in our field by making sure we have the knowledge and experience on board
- Contribute to our marketing needs by writing occasional articles and hosting techtalks
- Strategic sparringpartner to the board of directors
- Take part in (pre-)sales activities
- You understand and embrace the DevOps principles
- You have experience contributing to software architectures
- A leadership role is not completely new to you
- You recognise commercial opportunities when you see them
- Being a sparringpartner to solution- and software architects is part of your responsibilities
- You feel comfortable talking and presenting on a management level
- You have experience with multiple programming paradigms like functional- and object-oriented programming.
- Hands-on experience with at least 4 modern programming languages, Java and Golang are preferred
- You feel comfortable on a Linux/Unix shell and know how to use it to your advantage.
Troubleshooting problems throughout the entire stack is not a problem for you.
- Basic networking skills, understand the concepts of switching, routing and TCP/IP.
- You have an Open Source mindset and understand the benefits in relation to closed source and enterprise software.
- You hate doing repetitive work if it can be automated.
- At least hands-on experience with one of the 3 large public cloud vendors (AWS, GCP, Azure)
- Understand the concept, benefits and limitations of containerisation and you have hands-on experience with Docker.
Monitoring is part of your standard vocabulary when designing and writing software
Consultancy experience is not a must, but is preferred.
- You are fluent in Dutch and English.
What we’ll offer
We believe that the most important aspect of this job is being excited about it, having growth opportunities and working in a team you like. Aside from all this you will find: a technology driven company (even the directors are techies in heart and soul) with the goal to deliver the best experience to both our clients and employees, a competitive salary and great fringe benefits like a car of your choosing, a tech gadget budget, a yearly financial bonus, study budget and much more!
We encourage growth on both a technical and personal level because we would like to see our engineers grow into bigger roles. This role could potentially lead to an executive seat in the future!
We are looking forward to getting in touch with you! You will receive feedback on your application within 7 days.